The Boulder County Horse Association is pleased to offer two Annual Youth Scholarships to Boulder County Youth Equestrians.
BCHA Equestrian Scholarships are given to applicants who demonstrate the highest standards of character in community support, educational achievements and equestrian dedication.
There are two scholarships for which you can apply: Collegiate Scholarship for $1000 and the Teen Scholarship for $300. Both scholarships require the applicant to be a resident of Boulder County. You may apply for both scholarships if you meet the individual requirements; however, you can only be awarded one scholarship. The application is due by June 30, 2017. Please submit your application and all required information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
$1000 Collegiate Scholarship
- Must show proof of enrollment in an institute of higher education. Does not need to be a Colorado university or college.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. High school transcripts are required.
- Must include 2 letters of recommendation from people in the horse community.
- Must be planning to pursue an education in an equestrian field of study.
$300 Teen Scholarship
- Must be between the ages of 13- 17 years.
- Funds must be used to further your education in equestrian related activity, such as an equestrian clinic, lessons, etc.
- Must complete a one page summary report of how the scholarship funds were spent and the personal benefits you received from this experience.