BCHA thanks our equestrian community for coming out in support of the 2019 BCHA Fun Show at the Boulder County Fairgrounds.
It was a beautiful, crisp, fall morning at the 2019 BCHA Fun Show. The day started early at 7:30 AM for opening volunteers setting up the office for registration. Riders and parents began checking in at 8:00 AM. The show started on time with English and Western equestrian classes. Mid-day brought windy conditions to the front range—along with many ghoulish pre-Halloween tricksters! Fun Show management made the call to allow riders to assemble in the indoor arena as they prepared for the ever-clever and creative Halloween class parade.
We are so proud of all the horses and riders. They all rode fearlessly into the afternoon Gymkhana classes as little dust devils danced fancifully around outside the arena doors. The show closed up right on time at around 5:00 PM, and afternoon volunteers wrapped up with final clean-up and closing the doors on another successful event at around 6:00 PM.
Thank you to all our volunteers (forgive us if we missed anyone)
- Chandra for being our office manager and keeping the entries running smoothly—an especially tough task!
- Alora for filling the important role of ring steward, preparing goody bags, and assigning stalls
- Laura for being a fabulous announcer, keeping gymkhana times/places straight, and arranging lunches for the volunteers and judge
- Linda for all the marketing work, recruiting volunteers, generating sponsors, providing barrels from Boulder Valley Ranch, manure cleanup, office help, photography
- Roxanne for excellent ribbon handling
- Tamar for grooming tote awards, arranging the raffle table, ribbon handling
- Veda for helping with ribbon
- Jack for making sure all of our radios were working, providing on-deck sign, and morning gatekeeper
- Tami C for working all day, first in the office and then with gymkhana timing
- Ann Hayes for helping with goody bags, and acting as morning ring secretary
- Samantha for being our afternoon gatekeeper
- Tami M for helping with gate and gymkhana timing
- Steve Montgomery for helping with gymkhana set-up
- Stephani and Mackenzie for helping with gymkhana setup, ribbon handling, and closing up
- Liz for game and gymkhana set-up
- Pat for taking photographs throughout the day
Thank you to all generous sponsors!
From swag to class sponsorships your generous donations made the day more fun for our riders! Swag filled the bags and donations allowed us to have gift raffles throughout the day!
- Ann & Russell Hayes
- Happy Horse
- Khala & Company
- Linda Parks Jewelry
- Max Tack
- Raw Elements
- Shamane’s Bake Shoppe and Café
- Three Leaf Farm