The Boulder County Horse Association (BCHA) is pleased to offer two scholarships for equestrian youth.
BCHA Youth Scholarships will be awarded to applicants who demonstrate equestrian dedication, as well as the highest standards of character in their community involvement and educational achievements.
There are two scholarships for which you can apply:
- Collegiate $750; and/or
- Teen Scholarship $250
Both scholarships require the applicant to either be a resident of Boulder County or demonstrate substantial equine activity and commitment within Boulder County. You may apply for both scholarships if you meet the individual requirements; however, you can only be awarded one scholarship.
Collegiate Scholarship: $750
- Must show proof of enrollment in an institute of higher education. Does not need to be a Colorado university or college.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. High school transcripts are required.
- Must include two letters of recommendation from people in the horse community.
- Must be planning to pursue an education in an equestrian field of study.
Teen Scholarship: $250
- Must be between the ages of 13-17 years.
- Funds must be used to further your education in equestrian related activity, such as an equestrian clinic, lessons, etc.
- Must complete a one page summary report of how the scholarship funds were spent and the personal benefits you received from this experience.
Application Due Date: April 1, 2020
How to Submit Your Application
- Mail: Boulder County Horse Association, PO BOX 19601, Boulder, CO 80308-2601
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to our 2018 Boulder County Horse Association Scholarship Awardees:
Madeline “Maddie” Williams: $750 Collegiate Scholarship
Liz French: $250 Teen Scholarship